2007/04/18

WRITING, 3/7

I have been studying English for a year. Lately, I study the writing skill. As you know, writing is more difficult than speaking. If I want to write a perfect article, I have to use the right grammar, sentence, and tense. Besides that, the phraseology is important too. Even you know a lot of vocabulary, but you don't know how to use it in the right way, it doesn't work out. To me, maybe I ain't as good as others who majoring in English, but I can communicate with foreigners. I think speaking is easier than writing because only if you want to and dare to talk, that isn't a problem for you. The people who laugh at you are almost conceited.

Here are some exercises that I practiced in class. The teacher gave you a topic, and then you wrote your composition in 15 minutes. Write as much as you can. Every time when I finished my work, I always thought if my had more time, I could write it better.


====================================


Mar. 7
Topic: " What kinds of transportations do you like in Taichung? Why? "

There are many kinds of transportations in Taichung city. Each of transportation has its own advantage. The taxi, a yellow car with a timer, is a quick one to go through the city. The bus, a big truck, is so cheap that everyone can afford it. In my opinion, I think the bicycle is the best transportation I like in Taichung. When you ride a bike on the street, not only can exercise your body, but also relax your stress. The most important thing is that riding a bicycle is no pollution to earth. The news always tell us that the globe warming is getting worse, so why can we neglect it? To care about our environment and our children, riding bicycle is the best choice to us.

[Edited]
There are many kinds of transportations in Taichung city. Each of them has its own advantage. The taxi, a yellow car with a meter, is a quick one to go through the city. The bus, a big truck, is so cheap that everyone can afford it. In my opinion, the bicycle is the best transportation in Taichung. When you ride a bike on the street, not only can exercise your body, but also release your stress. The most important thing is that riding a bicycle wouldn't pollute the earth. The news always told us that the global warming is getting worse, so how can we neglect it? To care about our environment and our children, riding bicycle is the best choice.

(the blue word is my writing, and the green one is edited.)

====================================

4 則留言:

匿名 提到...

一年下來背了不少單字和片語喔~

15分鐘,我大概寫不出什麼鬼吧!

RaY 提到...

Fine... 在強敵環繞的狀況下,是會激發出你的潛能的。

匿名 提到...

你要幫我翻譯英文嗎??

匿名 提到...

No WAY